Follow me on Instagram

Photobucket


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Braces = Instant Weight Loss

                                                                             
                         
                                                                  (Last photo of me without braces)


If you are someone close to me, you should have know that I really wanted to have braces on for the longest time. I actually went for my first X-ray when I was 21 but given up after that because I have no money for down payment and I have more important things to do back then. Well, I totally regretted not putting on braces earlier. Because now I have to put on for four damn years. 


I went down to the dental clinic which is located right below my block so that I will not have any excuses for not turning up for my monthly teeth tightening. I quickly made an appointment before I changed my mind again. Geminis are like that, we are fickle-minded. And so, I went for my first appointment. All they did was explaining to me what kind of braces they have, taking pictures of my teeth, front profile, side profile and taking models of my teeth. I wanted to do ceramic braces because I really think that I will look ugly with braces on. Of cos I know that Invisalign would be the best option but imma poor kid. Dr.Shen don't recommend me to do ceramic as my teeth condition is different from others. So fml, I have to stick to the ugly braces. 



 I can't really remember what happen on the second visit but I was given three options.
1. Put on headgear( you can google it and see how it looks like). Because my back teeth may intend to move forward, meaning my 'rabbit teeth, will be more obvious. So the headgear is to hold back my back teeth. 
2. Remove one of my inner tooth. The inner tooth is really annoying. If you have talked to me in real life, you should probably seen my inner tooth before. The only bad thing of removing the inner tooth is that the rest of my teeth wouldn't be the same. As in, our teeth comes in a pair. If I remove this tooth and didn't remove its 'partner' I will have to file my teeth after my braces and they will never ever look identical. 
3. Dr.Shen don't advise me to go for this but I'm still given a choice. Plastic surgery. My jaw is slanted more to my right and braces can only help to amend it a little. But that's not my concern because we know how to take nice selfies nowadays, we know which angle is the best for ourselves. :) But of cos, if I were to go for plastic surgery, I'd requested to do my nose too. Lol. I mean, jaw surgery is a major surgery already right? So might as well I do my nose too? Lol. 



Of cos I didn't go for the last choice. I actually wanted to remove my inner tooth. But I was told that the first choice will be better for my case. And then, I started to go for teeth polishing. I opened my mouth widely for 45mins. And damn heng that the dentist didn't ask when was the last time I did teeth polishing. It's 12 good years, 12 good years I didn't went to the dentist. Haha! Imagine if he asked. Lol. 


Then, I went back to put on my separators. Not every one have to put on this I guess. It doesn't hurt at first. It's feels like there's food stuck in between your teeth, that's all. But from the third day onwards, you will start to feel the pain. This is when your teeth are starting to move and make space. I then had one tooth extracted, and then two. 

I was supposed to do my braces two weeks back, but unfortunately one of my separator dropped off. So I only managed to have my lower braces done. But having lower braces alone is bad enough. I started to have ulcer within an hour. My lower teeth start to hurt on the second day. Like anything that touches my teeth it will be so motherfucking painful. I can't even eat properly. Merely survived on congee, mashed potato and milo. On the third day, I was really hungry and I really wanna have a proper full meal. I went on to have noodles. And I totally regretted eating that. Because my teeth hurt so badly that I cried at the very night. I even told the boy that I wanna take off my braces. And of cos I didn't lah. I just wanna rant. Lesson learnt. 


The following Sunday I had one last tooth to extract. And had my upper braces done too. Nightmare begins. Now the lower and upper teeth are so painful. But I can deal with the pain. The most annoying part is, I can't have proper meals. Again, I need to survive on congee, mashed potato, scramble egg and milo. It has been two weeks since I last had rice. :( I néed to eat every 2-3hours and this way I will be bankrupt really soon. Sigh pie. 


I've lost about 2kgs ever since I had my braces on and I believe that my weight will continue to decrease.  
 
                   
     

Here's Part I of my braces journey. I'd probably blog about part two when I see the difference in my teeth. Till then. 



Note to self: Pain = Teeth shifting 💪



No comments: